- Renter must be at least 21 years of age to rent boat or jet ski
- Registered hotel guests only may rent and is charge through a credit card not hotel room post
- A valid driver’s license must be carried with the driver of watercraft during rental (State Law)
- All safety equipment is provided at no charge.
- Must have smart phone present at time of rental for orientation video and smart waiver.
- Minimum rental period is one hour regardless of actual time on the water.
- Cancellation Policy & No Show Policy:
- Cancelations made 15 days or more from reservation date are subject to a 10% cancelation fee with all other monies being refunded. Cancelations made 14 days (two weeks) or less from reservation date will forfeit the entire reservation unless optional trip insurance is purchased at time of booking (see below).
- Trip Insurance: Can be purchased when reservation is made. Trip insurance allows cancelation up to 24 hours prior to rental with 100% refund of rental cost minus insurance cost.
- No shows will be charged to credit card if on file.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made with Young Harris Water Sports, customers are required to arrive at designated pickup location at least 25 minutes in advance of reservation time (allows for craft inspection, watercraft orientation, as well as Lake Orientation). These items must be covered therefore time will not be extended due to customer arriving later than 25 mins prior to rental time.
- Unauthorized late arrivals will result in the forfeiture of watercraft as well as all associated charges. No refund or voucher will be issued for any amount. If craft (or driver if applicable) is still available then YHWS will rent you the craft, however rental time will not be extended and costs of original rental will be charged to either the credit card on file or guests room at resort.
- Young Harris Water Sports reserves the right to cancel any reservation due to dangerous weather conditions. In the case that Young Harris Water Sports cancels a reservation due to dangerous weather, a gift card/voucher for the full rental amount will be issued to customer to be used later this year (no monetary refunds will be issued unless trip insurance was purchased at time of rental).
- Future weather forecast, slight drizzle, and cloudy weather are not justifications for the waiving of YHWS cancelation policy.
- Refunds or vouchers will not be issued for inclement weather once the vessel has departed for rental.
- Small pets (under 20lbs) are allowed on boats. A non-refundable pet fee of $50 will be accessed per rental.
- Tow Equipment
- We are not the manufacture of the tow equipment and do not guarantee the functionality or use of said equipment.
- Tow equipment failure or non-use during rental period will not result in refund. Customer is responsible for returning to rental facility as soon as failure occurs, and equipment will be replaced.
- If customer wishes to extend rental, it is their responsibility to call YHWS prior to rental end time to see if it is available. If it is, then YHWS will extend rental time at standard rates and charge either the credit card on file or room posting for the additional time. If rental time is not available or not approved by YHWS a late fee (amounts vary by craft) for every 15 minutes late. This policy is strictly enforced and nonnegotiable. Policy is in place to allow for YHWS staff to clean, fuel, and prepare boat for subsequent renters.
- Full damage deposit (varies by craft) will be charged immediately to designated lessees credit card on file for each watercraft damaged during renters
- If damaged and after appropriate deposit is paid, YHWS will take the craft to be accessed (by repair shop of YHWS choosing) for remaining repairs required to get watercraft back to condition is was prior to rental. If required repairs cost more that the deposit the lessees credit card on file will be charged the remaining amount plus associated costs (including but not limited to transportation fees, parts, labor, and lost revenue).
- Damage Waiver: Damage waiver can be purchased (varies by craft) prior to rental. If damage waiver is purchased the customer would only be responsible for ½ the damage deposit of watercraft damaged (rather than full amount). All other damages and associated fees will be waived for that watercraft. Damages due because of damage occurred to boats not owned by YHWS will not be covered by damage waiver. Damages to other YHWS owned boats not covered under damage waiver will not be covered as well.
- A lost revenue fee of $850 p/day will be charged to renter for each day the damaged craft is not able to be rented due to incurred damages.
- We do not guarantee a specific brand or model of rented vessel just category (i.e. Deluxe, premium, wake, pontoon etc.). Pictures on the website are a depiction of the type of watercraft available to rent not the specific make or model.
- Every effort will be made to make sure non-essential equipment is working on your rental craft, but do not guarantee it. Non-essential equipment includes radios, depth finders, gas gauges, trim gauges, all equipment that is not essential to the basic operation of the craft. Non-functioning non-essential equipment will not result in a reduction or discount of rental charges or replacement vessel.
- We reserve the right to substitute rented craft in the event of craft break down with a comparable model if available.